7 Things You’ll Learn with Microsoft Project Courses Canberra
Anyone who needs to manage, support and report on one or multiple projects will need the industries best software tool to achieve a great result. Scheduling is one of the most critical tools required to manage a project to its conclusion. If you need to improve your Microsoft Project skills then Wizard Corporate training has the solution. Microsoft Project Courses Canberra will show you how to schedule a project based on information you input about the overall project, the resources available and the individual tasks required to complete the project.
Here are 7 Key Features of Microsoft Project
1) Planning and Scheduling with Microsoft Project Courses in Canberra
To plan and schedule a project correctly is probably the most important stage of project management. They are the lifeline of the entire project and can either make or break the whole thing. By undertaking Microsoft Project Courses Canberra you will understand what this means. It specifies how and when each task should be completed. This is exactly what Microsoft Project is extremely good at. It utilises the following to ensure accurate project management:
- Prioritisation: Helps you prioritise your project’s tasks, eliminating surprises and allowing your team to focus on addressing the most important matters first.
- Task management: Allows project managers to define the activities involved in the project and decide how they should be assigned to different members.
- Calendar: A team calendar is a really important, as it ensures that all team members are on the same page at all times. Your team members will get notifications for upcoming meetings and events and be able to synchronise their work schedules for more efficient workflow.
2) Project Timeline View
In Microsoft Project Courses Canberra will see that this is one of its best features. When you are working on a project, you obviously want to have everything in one place and keep all schedules synced. But what happens when you need someone independent of the project team to track your progress and check on how you’re doing?
The solution is found in Microsoft Project’s timeline view. For example, if you plan to present the project to your stakeholders, management, or partners, you can easily preview what they would see from their perspective using the project timeline view.
To add value to your timeline you can make some formatting changes. The colors of project phases can be changed, tasks can be aligned, and various other formats can be adjusted. The process is rather simple. All you have to do to add something to your timeline is right-click on the task and select the option to add it. You can modify the formatting to fit an e-mail, presentation, and so on.
3) Microsoft Project Courses Canberra Makes Collaboration Easy
To be able to collaborate across multiple platforms is an essential part of any project. Each activity involves lots of people, who need to connect to a common platform so you can easily share information with each other. Project has a number of features to make this work.
- File sharing: Microsoft Project allows you to share files with other members of your team. This helps you ensure all members have any relevant documentation so they can work on the project with minimal interruption.
- Team Focal Point: Its a team dashboard that will offer an overview of the most important information and statistics relevant to your project. Microsoft Project can actually add multiple graphs, charts, data presentations, and other graphics. The dashboard is very useful for KPI reporting during meetings and presentations.
- Sharing client data: You also need to work on customer data and keep it safely stored. Microsoft Project allows accessibility to all members involved in the project.
Reporting is the key to tracking a project’s progress. Microsoft Project excels at this task and will generate great reports with ease. You can even customise the data and the structure according to your requirements. The features include an overview of the entire project on one page; available resources; a cost overview; a list of pending tasks; and a list of pending targets and goals. These handy features will allow you to create custom reports that address all the needs of your project and team.
5) Flexibility to Manage Your Resources
Microsoft Project offers project managers a great deal of flexibility when it comes to managing project resources and availability. The resources for a project could be monetary (such as the allocated budget), the people involved, meeting and work rooms and even raw materials. Project’s resource management tools help you track and monitor all available resources and the potential ways in which they can be used for your project(s).
Because every project is unique and has its own resource requirements, MS Project allows you to properly assign and order your tasks based on resource availability and demand. With this facility, you can also create a pool of resources and tap into them to complete tasks as your project comes together.
6) Manage Multiple Projects With Microsoft
Through Microsoft Project Courses Canberra, project managers will learn how to manage multiple projects on the same platform, making it easier to deal with different projects in the same company or team. This is defined by the Master Project Plan. This proves extremely beneficial to project managers, especially if they are juggling multiple projects at once.
Every aspect of a single project tool can be customised to form a master project, be it resource allocation, project planning, or progress tracking. Even reporting is made easy with the help of multiple dashboards. This can be put to good use during meetings and presentations.
7) Microsoft Project Offers Different Views
Microsoft Project is a unique project management tool that offers a number of different views. For instance, you can make use of a Gantt Chart, a resource usage chart or even a calendar. Project allows a manager to view the their project from different perspectives, angles and representations all from one platform. But the best aspect about this feature is that all of these views can be customised together according to the project requirements and combined to form one big project plan.
If you a project manager then Microsoft Project Courses Canberra could be a course to really advance your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a real good understanding of planning, scheduling, resource allocation, progress tracking, and presentation tools. Microsoft Project is the ideal package for project manager.
Call Wizard Corporate Training on 1800 244 514 for more information on how Microsoft Project Training can improve the performance of your staff today.