Wizard Corporate Training is one of the leading training providers in Australia. Having launched in ACT in 1992, we now have a national presence across the country and offer a range of Microsoft Office courses. With over 22 years experience in the Australian IT end user, Microsoft and Abode, Project Management and Professional Self Development training industry, Wizard’s experience in the corporate training field is second to none. We provide a comprehensive InDesign Course Melbourne for creative professionals, small business, corporate and government employees.
The InDesign course in Melbourne aims to give you an understanding of Desktop Publishing as opposed to word processing and to provide the ability to create and produce documents in a Desktop Publishing environment using InDesign.
Wizard Corporate Training provides one and two day courses that will teach you everything you need to know about combining text and graphical elements to create complex, scalable documents for print and digital media. Our highly qualified instructors are Adobe Certified industry experts that will cover the best practice workflows for creating professional publications including posters, flyers, marketing brochures, interactive PDFs, long documents and much more.
At Wizard Corporate Training we understand Adobe InDesign CS6 as the industry standard for desktop publishing. It is a powerful and creative page layout software that can be used on both Windows and Mac. We know that an InDesign course Melbourne will teach you how to easily create brochures, books, manuals, catalogues, newsletters, forms, labels, interactive pdfs, presentations and more.
Adobe InDesign provides you with all the tools and features needed to efficiently create page layout designs, import or enter text and tables, insert images, add drawings and finalise print-ready documents. With Wizard you will learn to export documents to a variety of formats, including PDF, digital eBook (EPUB), or as an image suitable for social media.
learnt new things
Thank you for your session today it was great. learnt many new things i can put into my daily work day. one thing is that the trainer was great but spoke a little fast and ran through things we did miss and had to ask him to show us again. but other than that was well worth the day training.
Word intermediate - Improving Efficiency
Great course and great trainer. Everything was very clear and well understood.
Very knowledgeable and informative of illustrator, Thanks Eric
Data manipulation and Reporting with Pivot Tables
Great refresher course Chris made learning so relaxed and enjoyable
Right amount of details and examples. The flow was easy to understand
Intermediate Excel training
Chris Rai from Wizard Training is extremely knowledgeable and informative regarding Excel. As a relatively new user to excel, Chris broke it down into pieces and practice session templates. Thanks again Chris for sharing your experience 🙂
Eric was totally great!
Eric was totally great! He took the time to lay a foundation of basic knowledge, but was then very happy to tailor the course content to our needs. He is a generous teacher, and communicates with humour and enthusiasm.
InDesign Course Melbourne
Wizard Corporate Training was founded on, and continues to build on, a basis of using experienced educators to develop, deliver and support our training programs.
Our InDesign course Melbourne covers all skill levels, with Essential and Advanced courses available, for all current versions of Adobe InDesign CS6.
These courses range from half day, full day, two day and three day courses.
Adobe InDesign Course Will Teach You
- Explore elements of the InDesign CS6 environment, set preferences and navigate and view documents.
- Create documents and document pre-sets; position text in text frames.
- Position elements precisely by using guides; modify and transform objects.
- Create master pages and apply them; insert, move, and delete pages; and create layer.
- Format text; use styles and create bulleted lists; thread text between text frames, add jump lines, etc.
- Adjust graphic formatting with frame fitting.
- Print documents and booklets, create print and PDF presets; export documents to PDF and prepare documents for commercial printing.
- Create sections, tables of contents, cross-references, and indexes for a document; insert footnotes; and combine several documents into a book file for printing.
- Discuss monitor calibration and adjust InDesign’s colour management preferences; adjust colour settings for individual images; discuss the differences between desktop and commercial printing.
- Discuss spot colours, create process and spot colours; delete and replace swatches; create mixed inks and use the Separations Preview and Flattener Preview panels to prevent or address printing problems.
- Create hyperlinks, bookmarks, and buttons; add movies and sounds to documents, and create PDF forms with form fields.
- Export documents as interactive PDF or SWF files; and export documents as XHTML for Web use and for use with Digital Editions.
- Tag items in a document and export them as XML content; import an XML file; add XML content to document placeholders; and validate a document against an imported DTD.
Some Of The Topics Covered
- The Adobe InDesign environment
- New documents
- Text frames
- Place and alter graphics and files
- Object positioning
- Modify and transform objects
- Master pages and Layers
- Text formatting
- Text styles
- Adjust graphic formatting and custom colours
- Pre-flight documents
- Table of Contents
- Indexes and cross-references
- Creating Books
- Colour management and printing basics
- Process and spot colours
- Ink management
- Transparency flattening
- Interactive objects and behaviours
- PDF forms
- Export to PDF, HTML, SWF and EPUB
- Exporting documents as XML files
- Importing XML files
What We Do?
Consultancy & Customisation
Our facilities also include a large break out area, and are close to public transport. Wizard staff will be on hand to assist you and your clients during your time with us.
Wizards relationship with training facility providers in other states means that we are able to assist in, and if required, project manage national facility hire requirements. Let Wizard help arrange your next room hire!
- Data Projectors
- Whiteboard & Markers
- Up to 16 PC’s (ask us for our latest specs)
- Trainer PC
- The rooms can easily be configured to a layout of your choice
- Data Projectors
- Whiteboard & Markers
- Instructor PC
- Room setup, with choice of layout, u-shape, pod
- Refreshments available all day
- Morning & afternoon tea
- Restaurant lunch (optional)
- Close to city parking and public transport routes
- Friendly staff to greet your attendees