The communication skills training course in Melbourne from Wizard will teach you some very powerful concepts like how to communicate with confidence and improve your workplace relationships. You’ll learn that different personality types and your personal communication preferences can influence communication. But most importantly you’ll discover how to implement and use these skills immediately.
You’ll learn strategies for overcoming common communication barriers as well as essential skills like active listening, effective use of voice and tone, investigative questioning skills and exploring the importance of body language and the non-verbal communications coming from others. If you have ever wanted to communicate with more clarity and impact, in any of your relationships, then this communication skills training is designed for you!
Wizard Professional Development training courses are available throughout Australia, including Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra and Hobart.
Our communications skills training course in Melbourne will help people communicate appropriately and clearly in any situation. This is a great course for everyone as the benefits can have a positive effect on every aspect of your life.
Learn to understand how you communicate, how others communicate and how to adjust your communication style to meet their needs. Discover how effective communication is greatly improved by understanding communication preferences based on personality type and learn how to overcome some common obstacles to effective communication.
The communication skills training course in Melbourne will ensure that your colleagues, friends and family will receive your message clearly, which should improve your workplace relationships as well as your personal relationships in general. If you have never completed a communications course of this type, you are missing out on understanding some of the most fundamental concepts that will have a profound effect on your success in the workplace and life in general.
Wizard Corporate Training is one of the leading training providers in Australia. Having launched in ACT in 1992, we now have a national presence across the country and offer a range of Professional Development Courses. With over 22 years experience in the Australian IT end user, Project Management and Professional Self Development training industry, Wizard’s experience in the corporate training field is second to none. We provide comprehensive Communication Skills Training in Melbourne for professionals, small business, corporate and government employees.
Wizard Corporate Training was founded on, and continues to build on, a basis of using experienced educators to develop, deliver and support our training programs.
Our Communication Skills Training Course in Melbourne will benefit team members from a variety of backgrounds, industries and skill levels who wish to improve their professionalism and effectiveness at work by attaining a higher level of communication skills
These courses range from half day, full day to two-day courses.
By Taking The Communication Skills Training Course in Melbourne
- To master the art of communication
- Provide quality customer service
- Understand why customers or clients get angry
- Handle complaints and difficult customers or clients
- Cope with job stress
- Know how to manage and resolve conflicts
- Learn about yourself and patterns of behaviours that you have encountered but haven’t taken the time to understand as fully as needed
Some Of The Topics Covered
Master the Art of Communication
- Understand your communication style and how you can adapt it to work more effectively with others.
- Identify and remove barriers to effective communication.
- Manage your non-verbal signals to enhance your communication.
- Practice key techniques that will help you listen more effectively.
- Develop smart questioning skills to get the information you want and need.
- Understand the impact that positive language can have on others
- Demonstrate effective, non-confrontational interpersonal communication skills
- What is so difficult about communication?
- DISC Model
- Styles of communication
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Common communication mistakes
- Examine how your personal beliefs and values play into the way you deal with difficult people.
- Assess each difficult person to enable you to make a good decision about how to handle each situation you face.
- Identify tools to help you find the right words.
- The Art of Conflict Management
- Five Stages of Conflict
- Five Steps in Dealing with Conflict
- Types of communication
- Five categories for active listening?
- Feedback vs. Feed forward
- Vocal techniques
- Body Language
- The Communication Plan
Coping with Job Stress
- Stressors in the Workplace
- Five things you can do to cope with “Negative” Stress
Why Customers/Clients get Angry
- Passive communication
- Assertive communication
- Aggressive communication
- Seven tips to deal with Confrontation
Handling Complaints and Angry Customers/Clients
- LEAD model
- Five elements of effective complaints handling
- Referring Complaints upward
- Telephone Techniques
- Letter handling complaints
Quality Client Service
- Client/Customer satisfaction
- Product vs Client approach
- What do Customers/Clients really want?
- 12 basic needs
- What do Quality Service-Givers do?
- Customer vs Client vs Guest
- Communicating with Customers/Clients
- Tips that can help you stay out of Trouble
- The Importance of Courtesy
- The Seven-Step Method to Quality Service
- Identify who are your internal and external customer/clients
- Recognise how one’s attitude affects service standards
- Apply key communication skills to better address customer/client needs
- Gather techniques for service excellence over the phone
- Learn the do’s and don’ts when dealing with customers/clients
- Learn ways for dealing with difficult customers/clients
Corporate Training & Solutions
Consultancy & Customisation
Our facilities also include a large break out area, and are close to public transport. Wizard staff will be on hand to assist you and your clients during your time with us.
Wizards relationship with training facility providers in other states means that we are able to assist in, and if required, project manage national facility hire requirements. Let Wizard help arrange your next room hire!
- Data Projectors
- Whiteboard & Markers
- Up to 16 PC’s (ask us for our latest specs)
- Trainer PC
- The rooms can easily be configured to a layout of your choice
- Data Projectors
- Whiteboard & Markers
- Instructor PC
- Room setup, with choice of layout, u-shape, pod
- Refreshments available all day
- Morning & afternoon tea
- Restaurant lunch (optional)
- Close to city parking and public transport routes
- Friendly staff to greet your attendees